Aluminum alloy extrusions for automotive applications
- Capable of complex cross-sectional shapes and thin-walled extrusions
- Capable of high-strength hollow shape extrusions.
- Optimum cross-sectional configurations.
Special features of representative materials
- 6063: 6000 series alloy with excellent extrudability and crush properties.
- 6005A/6005C: 6000 series mass-produced alloys for automotive applications
- 6061/6082: 6000 series high-strength alloys for structural parts of automobiles.
- 6110: 6000 series hollow-extrudable high-strength, high-bendability alloy.
- ZG62: World's No.1 share in front fork outer materials for motorcycles.
- ZK170: High-strength 7000 series alloys mass-produced for bumpers.
- ZK80: High-strength, high-toughness alloy with controlled microstructure of 7204.
Development of automotive shock-absorbing parts